Wednesday, March 28, 2012

40 Ways My Labyrinth is Like My Life--#31

31. The Quiet Center is always there.


It's a funny thing. I get busy with pruning grape vines and mowing and checking fruit trees (there's some weird white fuzzy stuff in my apple branches! What is that??) and mowing and planting the new American Highbush Cranberries and mowing and everlastingly mulching and mowing. . . It gets to seeming like a busy place. I forget about the quiet center. But it's always there. Quiet. Waiting. The tree never gets upset when I don't visit it. Well, I do visit it. I cut out lower branches, and trim weeds and debate about a circle of stones. . .

And mow! Or put off mowing.

And the quiet center waits.

In life, I get busy with writing and housework and writing (and labyrinth care) and gardening and shopping and laundry and writing. I check on the goats (new twin boys born three days ago as of this writing! Adorable!) I feed the chickens and collect eggs and try to remember to whom I owe this particular dozen. I write deeply moving and insightful blogs! Or I try, anyway. Only, sometimes I have to stop and remind myself to take the insights I'm being given through the words I'm writing (it's one of God's favorite ways to talk to me) and apply them to my own soul.

God is there. Quiet. Waiting.

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment