Friday, March 9, 2012

40 Ways My Labyrinth is Like My Life--#15

15. It's full of life. And death.

Trees, grass, vines, flowers, even weeds and poison ivy. Bugs, birds, people, microbes. Grubs (yuck). The labyrinth is full of life.

The trees lose branches, and every spring their blossoms fall, and every autumn their leaves fall. The grass is full of nice, bright green blades, and dead, yellowish-white blades. There are bug carcases and dried up worms and . . . well, I admit it--I kill poison ivy and grubs myself. The labyrinth is full of death.

The yellow blades and the petals and the bits of wood and the bug carcases dry up and disappear, but they don't go anywhere. They become humus, soil, nutrients. The death leads to more life.

I can see that happening in my life, too.
Sometimes. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment