Wednesday, March 7, 2012

40 Ways My Labyrinth is Like My Life--#12


12. It took a lot of help to build it.

First, others measured and marked the pattern and put in hundreds of stakes. Next, a friend helped me whack weeds enough to get in with my Mantis Tiller (those things are worth their weight in gold!!) and mark all the paths so that we could pull all the stakes and mow the field. Then my husband (right) and a friend and I spent days on our knees, splitting empty feed sacks in half the long way and laying them as a foundation for wheelbarrow upon wheelbarrow upon wheelbarrow of chips. Who would have thought we'd be grateful for the steaming mountains of chips the city had stockpiled from the countless trees and branches taken down in a horrendous ice storm! It took several pickup loads, but we got the paths all laid out nicely.

It looked gorgeous, for about a week. . .

In my babyhood and childhood, my parents and others measured and marked and weeded and mowed. As I grew, there was tilling and cultivating and straightening involved, (and plenty of feed sacks, too!) There have been some devastating ice storms in my soul, and some mountains of shredded dreams which God has used to beautify my life and lay the foundation for new dreams.

Sometimes, I look gorgeous for a week together, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment